Tuesday 25 January 2011

Different Perspectives

This trio of poems is thanks to Eric 'Bubba' Alder    ... he suggested in a comment on my poem http://her-corner.blogspot.com/2011/01/affair.html (Affair) ... To write a trio of poems from different perspectives... So thank you and here they are: 




Her
I see him from across the bar,
I spy his good looks even from afar. 
I make an introduction,
And begin my seduction. 

While flirting and such I spot his ring,
Oh, what a dreadful thing!
All the best ones either married or gay,
And there I was thinking this was my lucky day! 

As I turn to walk away, 
He turns, asks me to stay.
Whatever will be will be,
 Maybe he could be the one for me.
Perhaps his marriage is going downhill,
Perhaps there is hope still. 

I don't know what will come of this,
But it's an opportunity I shan't miss!

Him
It began innocently I swear!
I was sat alone when she approached me there.

She was so pretty, 
And elegantly witty.

My wife is growing old,
Her looks bitter and cold.
Her skin wrinkled and saggy,
Her clothes unflattering and baggy.

It had been a while since a young lady so fair,
Had expressed intentions so plain and bare.
Of course my wife was haunting my mind,
I did not mean to cause hurt of any kind.

We booked a hotel suite,
And had fun beneath the bed sheet,
In the morning when awake,
I realised what was at stake. 
What was I doing, what had I begun? 
My heart ached, but I thought of the fun.

The radiant beauty who lay next to me,
But the voice inside "She's not your wife, is she."
I left in hurry and did not look back,
My head and heart each attack.

The Wife
He no longer looked at me in the same way,
Where is the love from our wedding day?
We disagree so often now,
to live in sadness or break the vow:
"Til Death Do Us Part"
The words pang in my heart.

My heart fills with sorrows,
As I think of years of tomorrows.
The love it is still there,
But passion and intimacy grow rare.

My heart aches each time you leave the door,
I don't get a kiss goodbye any more.
Off to the pub you go,
There's a difference this time though.

I wait up for a while,
Patient as you were when I walked down the aisle.

In the morning you appear,
Smelling of perfume, not beer.
You've strayed I'm sure,
You never could resist a woman's allure. 

My heart fills with sorrows,
For all the empty tomorrows.


2 comments:

  1. This is so cool...

    love the perspectives and transformations..
    Thanks for sharing.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad but great poem from the 3 perspectives.

    ReplyDelete